Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Greetings...

So...I finally made time to get this blog page up, praise God. Unfortunately I don't have very many pictures to share since I don't have a camera yet, but hopefully I'll get one soon...

So it's been almost 7 months since I first arrived here in Peru. Life here has been full to say the least. Here's a list of some of the things I've done so far:

-Moved in with relatives
-Visited many different churches and bible studies
-Survived the August "earthquake" (it was only an aftershock in Lima)
-Attended the Heartcry Missionary Conference in August, where I met preachers Paul Washer and Charles Leiter
-Helped translate for the conference
-Traveled with them to Sullana, a city in northern Peru
-Waited on the Lord for His guidance and confirmation about where to serve
-Got used to all the smog and traffic in Lima
-Began serving with Iglesia Cristiana Koinonia (Koinonia Christian Church)
-Traveled to many different parts of Lima, and to Cañete and Ica for outreaches
-Lots of street evangelism/open air preaching in Lima
-Got a little better at my spanish
-Grew in the Lord
-Attended the Heartrcy conference in January, where I also translated
-Traveled to the cities of Arequipa and Tacna, and to Arica, Chile

...and other stuff, but that's all I can remember right now.

I'm still with Koinonia. For anyone who's interested, here's their blogpage: http://iglesiacristianakoinonia.blogspot.com/

No comments: